Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Someone sold me Xbox Live Games, but I have to use their gamertag to download them. Is this legal?

I've got a bit of a problem. I bought Xbox Arcade games from someone (I've already payed) and they want me to log in to their account on my hard drive so I can download the games for myself. I didn't know this is what they were going to do this, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if this violates Microsoft's ToS or the law. Anyone have advice?Someone sold me Xbox Live Games, but I have to use their gamertag to download them. Is this legal?
This violates MS TOS and the LAW

you are copying the games that he payed for and payed microsoft you are copying so it is like flashing you DVD drive

illegal dont do it
I believe it's legal. I can't see why it wouldn't be.Someone sold me Xbox Live Games, but I have to use their gamertag to download them. Is this legal?
Yes, it does violate the Live terms ant it's also not going to work unless you bought their gamertag too which is also against the rules. Arcade games are locked to the gamertag they were bought under and cannot be accessed under another. There are a few exceptions where more than one gamertag can access the full games, but you still have to have the original gamertag they were bought under saved onto your 360 at the time. You can't just sign into their profile, download the games, and then give the profile back while keeping the full Arcade games.
1 Why didn't you just buy it yourself?

#2 Yes it's "illegal"

#3 Micro$oft kinda deserves to have money stolen from themSomeone sold me Xbox Live Games, but I have to use their gamertag to download them. Is this legal?
It's most likely against their ToS. I don't know for sure. It's somewhat of a grey area. For example, people sell their 360's all the time with a hard drive and a gamertag on it, and they claim that the arcade games come with it. So really, this sort of thing happens all the time. Realistically, you aren't buying these games off this guy, he's telling you to make a copy. When you download the game, he doesn't lose it off his hard drive. Also, the person who said flashing drives is illegal is an idiot, so don't take their word for anything.



To sum it up:



Does it break the law? Most likely not.

Is it against Microsoft Terms of Service? Probably, most things are.

Bottomline, will you get in trouble is you do it? I'm at least 90% sure nothing will happen to you.
bad idea, don't do it, go get your money back.....it will not work

No comments:

Post a Comment