Saturday, March 10, 2012

Why has my xbox live games been lagging i can barely get a signal from my router and i have a password on it?

i live with five guys in college and we all used to play video games at the same time and no one had any problems. but recently we can barely play because our connection is so bad. can the router go bad?Why has my xbox live games been lagging i can barely get a signal from my router and i have a password on it?
Yes the router can technically go bad after awhile just like everything else does. My first Netgear router randomly decided it wanted to die and just didn't work anymore. If you are running multiple Xboxs or Computers some routers can't handle that and will start dividing up your signal strength. For example Linksys can NOT run multiple Xboxs or Computers at the same time. I would recommend buying a DLink router to be able to run multiple of something. I am personally running 2 Xboxs and up to 5 Computers at a time with no signal loss. If upgrading your router doesn't fix your problem I would suggest contacting the Internet Service Provider about it to see if you can get your internet upgraded. If you live on a College Campus your probably just screwed unless you can convince the school to get it upgraded.



Best of luck!Why has my xbox live games been lagging i can barely get a signal from my router and i have a password on it?
Get it checked or something =]]
  • p411
  • vance and hines
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment